If your garage door has been hit by a car, there are a few steps you can take to fix it:
- Inspect the Damage: Before attempting any repairs, inspect the damage to your garage door carefully. Look for any signs of dents, cracks, or broken parts. If the damage is severe, you may need to replace the entire garage door.
- Assess the Safety: Make sure the garage door is safe to operate before attempting any repairs. Check the tracks and springs for damage, and make sure the door opens and closes smoothly.
- Replace Any Broken Parts: If there are any broken parts, such as panels or springs, they will need to be replaced. This may require the help of a professional garage door repair service.
- Straighten Dents: If the garage door has dents but is otherwise intact, you may be able to straighten them out using a rubber mallet or a hammer and a block of wood.
- Repaint or Refinish: After any necessary repairs have been made, you may need to repaint or refinish the garage door to restore its appearance.
- Prevent Future Accidents: To prevent future accidents, consider installing safety sensors or a bumper system to protect your garage door from vehicles.
If you are unsure how to fix your garage door, it’s best to call a professional garage door repair service for assistance.